Mail Sorter Selections
Like everything these days even the seemingly simplest of products like a mail sorter requires some thought before purchasing. Mailroom sorters are available in wide range of sizes which typically corresponds to the number of pockets the organizer has. Therefore, the first thing a buyer should determine is where he or she plans to put the mail sorter and the approximate number pocket openings their organization needs the sorter to have. In addition, document sorters are usually available in either letter or legal depth which needs to be decided on before the buyer makes a firm order. Mailroom sorter buyers need to also make decision on the finishes they want the organizer to be. Color samples are available for paint finishes for the shelves and steel back, laminate finishes for sorter shell, and PVC trim for the exposed edges.
Features & Specifications
- Sorter size: 26 1/2"H x 37 3/4"W x 12 1/4"D (letter size) or 16 1/4" (legal size)
- Wall hung mail sorters are offered with closed sorter back only
- Letter or legal size sorter modules have twenty one adjustable shelves with twenty four pocket openings
- Wall mounted office sorter shell and vertical dividers with the exception of steel sorter back to support wall hanging are manufactured out of 3/4" 45-50 lb. substrate (particle board) with thermally fused finish and included factory matched 3/8" PVC on edges
- Wall hung office sorter back is steel is which facilitates a stable installation and the sorter back is painted in the same finish as the shopper sorter shelf finish selection
- 3/8" PVC trim will be in the color referenced in color and trim matching chart which can be found in supporting documents section above
- Legal and letter size document sorter modules include one shelf (adjustable in 1" increments) for every three inches providing 2 1/2" clearance between shelves
- Steel mail sorter shelves have a 90 degree 1/2" lip label area with center cut out
- Custom or color matched exterior or interior mail center sorter shell finishes (requires additional lead-time) are offered for an additional cost
- Wall hung mail sorters include manufacturer furnished steel brackets which must be field installed at wall studs
- Interior mail sorter housing hardware which secures shelves in position often referred to as standards are painted black
- Depth can be ordered in letter size (12 1/4") or legal size (16 1/4") which allows a net opening for letter sort modules of 11 1/4"W x 11 1/4"D or legal sorters of 11 1/4"W x 15 1/4"
- Plan for 3 to 4 weeks for lead-time (lead-times can fluctuate during peak production periods)
Mail Sorter Overall Depth
(STANDARD) 12 1/4" (Letter size) sorter depth is the right option choice for storing documents that are 8 ½”W x 11” and is usually sufficient for most client end uses.
(+$50.00) 16 1/4 (Legal size) sorter depth is for shoppers who need more storage space for documents, booklets, catalogs, or other materials.
Finishes for Shelves
(STANDARD) Finishes for wall mounted mail center sorter shelves are categorized into three classifications which are standard, non-standard, and premium colors. Standard painted finishes can be purchased in anyone of eight color selections. Please take note that for wall hung mail organizers the back of the sorter shell will be painted the same color as the buyer selected shelf finish selection. Standard finishes are the most economical finish category for mail sorter shelves and are produced by the factory quicker than non-standard or premium finishes.
(+$40.00) Non-standard finishes are available in nine color choices. Typically, non-standard finishes are an extra cost for the buyer and take an additional 1-2 weeks for production by the factory.
(+$80.00) Premium finishes are available at an extra charge and often require an additional two weeks for production. The premium painted finishes available for surface mounted mail organizer shelves are ivory, pure white, and soft white color.
Finishes for Mail Sorter Shell
(STANDARD) The interior and exterior of the wall hung mail sorter shell (except steel sorter back) is finished in premium laminate. Custom color matching is available if asked for however it often results in an increased charge and extended lead-time. Please note that wall hung mailroom sorters have a steel shell back and are finished the same as the mail sorter’s shelves.
Label Holder Option
(+$24.00) Label holders allow the buyer to identify each pocket opening. If this option is ordered you will be furnished with the applicable amount of clear plastic label holders with double sided tape and cardboard inserts for a personalized marking for each pocket opening.